From the input and processing of data, right through to the interactive visualisation of it as a tool to facilitate understanding, communication and decision-making in various areas of business.
Over the last 5 years, we have created a team which brings together technical knowledge and creativity, combining several different disciplines such as:
- Statistical data analysis
- Data mining and administration
- Editorial thinking and communication
- Graphic design and user-friendliness of web interfaces to interactively visualise data.
We have a Big Data Laboratory which is made up of Open Source technologies (Apache Hadoop - Hortonworks) and which allows us to design advanced analytics strategies. This laboratory allows for storage, recovery, processing, analysis and visualisation in Big Data projects.
For the Interactive Visualisation of data, we have acquired technological skills and proprietary BI tools (Business Objects, SAS, SSAS/SSRS/SSIS, Tableau, PowerBI) and open source tools (Highcharts.js, Pentaho or D3.js, among others), and we apply our specific iterative methodology to data visualisation projects using the following cycle:
- Evaluation and Analysis of requirements;
- Product development;
- Quality assurance;
- Integration and deployment.
This proposed approach allows us to deploy solutions adapted to your requirements, maintaining our standards in terms of quality control.
PRODUCTION OF MAPS AND GRAPHICS
We have supported the European Environment Agency (EEA) in communicating their environmental reports through:
- The design, generalisation cartographic distribution of maps, mainly on a European scale
- The production of high quality graphics to be used in web products printed reports
GIS services for Eurostat
This success story involves services being provided externally in the field of spatial data and Geographic Information Systems (GIS). The services include technical support and development activities for Eurostat and the European Commission.
WATER INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR EUROPE
WISE plays a fundamental role in making decisions relating to water; it is the first point of call for information about water with regards to:
- EU water policies and tools for EU member countries to electronically publish data relating to these directives;
- Access to data and maps;
- Analytics and indicators relating to the state of water in Europe
REFERENCE DATA PORTAL FOR COPERNICUS SERVICES (CORDA)
Copernicus RDA (CORDA) is a component which improves access to existing national and regional reference data in Europe by creating an intermediate node for the use of Copernicus services which support the monitoring of the earth and the emergency services.
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR THE NATURA 2000 NETWORK
The geographic information system for the Natura 2000 network covering Europe’s protected environmental spaces is made up of 3 applications:
- The compilation tool for data reported by the EU member states
- The GIS display for exploring the geographic and descriptive information
- And the tool for analysing and visualising indicators regarding biodiversity in Europe.
Data visualisation tool “Safer and healthier work at any age”
We have developed this tool for EU-OSHA with the aim of presenting the main results of the European Parliament Pilot Project on health and safety in the workplace for older employees, and presenting them in a visual, accessible and interactive format. It allows the user to explore data interactively through graphics with a high level of user-friendliness, and allows the user to compare countries and search for information about each country.